The Eden Prairie High School Drama department would like to welcome you to our official website. Here you will be able to see our past shows, what is coming up, forms for students and parents, and news on current shows. The EPHS Drama department has been offering amazing student productions for over 50 years and is excited to have you.
Follow us on Instagram – instagram.com/drama_ephs
Follow us on Twitter – twitter.com/drama_ephs
Email us – email@example.com
Here’s a to-do list for students to jump into drama
- Connect on social media with the links above
- Find the drama door (south side of auditorium)
- Participate in Trajectories
- Join Drama Club
- Make friends (even with upper classmen) and don’t be afraid to ask questions
Audition dates listed may change, but detailed information about each production will be posted on the drama door and on our website. You will also find information there about tech crews for each show (construction, lights, sound, run crew, and costuming).
Fall Shorts Theater Festival
- Audition Dates: September 14
- Performances: November 12-14th
Winter Play: Antigone
- Auditions: December 10
- Performances: February 4-6th
One Act: The Diary of Adam and Eve
- Auditions: December 10
- Performances: February 28-29th
Spring Show: Stepping Out
- Audition Dates: February 9th-10th
- Performances: April 15-17th
Trajectories at the beginning of the year and Broadway Extravaganza at the end of the year are both no-cut shows, meaning we will find a place for everyone who auditions. Our auditioned shows vary in size depending on the plays, but we typically have 60-70 parts open over the course of the year. We also love techies! We find places for anyone who wants to work on tech crews. Without you to build sets and run spot lights, we can’t make the magic!
More info on our shows can be found here.
As the year goes on
- Don’t disappear! Continue to be active and keep in touch, even if you don’t get into a show or you find you don’t have a lot of time.
- attend Drama Club meetings (and be sure to record your attendance)
- participate in productions in some way, even if you only have time to be an usher
- Attend all the shows and bring family and friends with you.
- Keep track of what you do. You can join the International Thespian Society and/or you can earn activity letters (the fuzzy EP you can put on a sweater or jacket). You will need to keep track of your hours!
- If you have questions at any time, you can contact the Drama Club Executive Council, Mrs. Nebeker, or Jay Asfeld.